So, an update on me. I'm still Emma. I still like in England with my parents. I still work in a school.
My current fandoms are Check Please and Hockey RPF. Fictional hockey players have taken over my life to the extent that I now pretend to understand the Stanley Cup and went to watch lots of IRL English ice hockey. The wrong team put the puck in the net and I was disapoint. Fuck the Steelers, basically. And not in the nice way. I also seem to have taken up skating. I am...okay. Like, I thought I was doing pretty well then I took my sister out ice skating and she's a natural and I'm there in a corner like "stupid sister, didn't even want to skate well anyway" but also proud because look how awesome my sister is XD But, anyway, the thing about hobbies is you're allowed to suck as them as long as you still enjoy them so there's that.
The other big news is that next year, things will actually change. Next accademic year, that is, becasue I'm going back to uni! Again! Since teaching fell through, I'm going to study for an MA in creative writing. At least 25% of the motivation of this is getting out of my parent's house permenantly. The other 75% is I want to write better. Even if all write better eventually translates to for me is writing better fanfiction and I never managed to make my living through writing, I'm at peace with that. Though, of course, if someone did want to pay me to sit around and write about the things I make up all day that would be beyond awesome. But the idea is to move out and stay moved out. Translate the MA into, at least, hopefully a better job than my current one. Like, a job where I support myself and don't live with my parents, not too much to ask.
Though, to bring it right up to date, I'm glad I was here this week. My mum, the patron saint of 'I'll be fine', I'll-be-fined herself into hospital. She decided her infection would wait until the doctors opened instead of going to A+E with it and she was wrong. Very wrong. Trip to the urgent care centre and hospital for 6 days wrong. Where she also got a good talking to about actually taking care of her diabetes (which she I'll-be-fine's). So she's home now but I spent the week rushing around keeping my dad running so he could be normal for her. And now it looks like I'll spend this week rushing around stopping my mum overdoing it since I came down this morning and ended up having to call in late to work and run around doing a lot of errands for her to stop her doing them herself. Calm yourself mother, you've just been in hospital!
That's me, anyway. I will now try and use this thing more often. Because a place to brain dump is a good thing.
If you would like to read something I'm writing - I just posted a chapter of this -
I'm on my way (21839 words) by Signe_chan
Fandom: Check Please! (Webcomic)
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Eric Bittle/Jack Zimmermann
Characters: Eric Bittle, Jack Zimmermann, Shitty Knight, Original Male Character(s), Justin "Ransom" Oluransi, Adam "Holster" Birkholtz, John Johnson, William "Dex" Poindexter, Derek "Nursey" Nurse, Chris "Chowder" Chow, Caitlin Farmer
Additional Tags: Slow Burn, Road Trip, life doesn't end at graduation, reconnecting, mentions of divorce, other minor pairings - Freeform
In the ten years since graduation, things have changed for Eric. After Jack was traded away Eric married, adopted a son, divorced. Now he's barely scraping by and the last thing he expects is his ex, Jack, and his ex's best friend Shitty, showing up on his doorstep to sweep him away on a road trip.
After all, it's too late for second chances, isn't it?